468x60 Ads

Saturday, July 22, 2017

A brief history of the naming of 64 districts of Bangladesh

Today's post in Bharapoka Magazine with the history of naming 64 districts of 7 divisions of Bangladesh. There are those who do not know the history of naming their own districts. For them, history of naming 64 districts of Bangladesh is summarized briefly. Hopefully, do not just find the name of your district. Simultaneously, read the naming events of other districts. Because every information is very important and entertaining!
First of all, let's name the 7 divisions of Bangladesh -
Dhaka
Chittagong
Barisal
Khulna
Rajshahi
Rangpur
Sylhet
Now in the order of knowing the names and names of the names of the districts in each division -

Dhaka Division

1. Dhaka district: Although Bangladesh's capital Dhaka has some value in the pre-Mughal era, the city gained popularity in the history of the Mughal era. There is nothing clear about the origin of Dhaka name. Some of the common ideas about this are as follows: a) There were plenty of drum trees (Booth Foodsa) once in this region; B) The drum (drum) was played on the day of the inauguration of the capital of Islam Khan; C) A common language known as 'Dakbhasha' was practiced here; D) The word Dhakka in Rajatarangini is referred to as 'Observation Center' or the eastern state of Sagragupta mentioned in Allahabad inscription is Dhaka.
It is said that the king of the Sen Dynasty, Balal Sen, found the Hindu goddess Durga Viagra in the adjoining jungle while traveling on the banks of the Buriganga River. King Vallal Sen established a temple in that area to pay tribute to the goddess Durga. Since the grace of the deity was found in Dhaka or Gupta, the name of the temple is called Dhakeswari Mandir. According to many historians, when many Mughal Emperor Jahangir declared Dhaka as the capital of Suba, Subadar Islam Khan ordered to play 'Dhak' in the city of joy. The story of this sculpture takes the form of a Kingbondoon and then the name of the city is covered. It is to be noted here that in 1610, Islam Khan Chishti Subhas shifted from Rajmahal, the capital of Bengal to Dhaka, and named it after the emperor, Jahangirnagar named it.
2. Faridpur district: Faridpur has been named after the famous Sufi saint Shah Sheikh Fariduddin.
3. Gazipur District: Bilu Kabir's book 'Bangladesh's District: Naming History' book shows that Ghazi, a Muslim wrestler, settled in this region during the reign of Muhammad bin Tughlaq and he successfully ruled this region for a long time. The name of this region is named after Gazipur in the name of Wrestling / Pahluan Ghazi. Another commentary was that Isha Khan, the jagir of twenty-four parganas during this time of emperor Akbar This was the name of a follower's son named Fazl Ghazi. Who was the first 'chief' of the state of Bhawal. Gazipur has been named after the name of the name 'Gazi' associated with his name or name. Before the name of Gazipur, this region was named Joydebpur. Why was the name of Joydevpur, how long it was, when and why it did not exist, it is relevant and noteworthy. Jayawadi Narayan Roy Chowdhury was the landlord of Bhawal. To live, Joydev Narayan Roy Chowdhury constructed a house in Pirabari village. The village was on the south bank of Chilai River. During this time, the zamindar named it 'Joydevpur' in line with its name and the name was continued until it became subdivision. When Joydevpur was elevated in the subdivision, it changed its name to Joydebpur. It is to be noted that many of the people of the past-traditionally mentioned the district as 'Joydevpur'. The railway station of Gazipur Sadar is still named 'Joydebpur Railway Station'. However, in the detailed discussion, it is to say that Gazipur's previous name is Joydevpur and its previous name Bhawal. Gazipur was declared on March 1, 1984 on March 1 and the 7th of January, 2013, on January 7, City Corporation.
4. Gopalganj district: Gopalganj district has ancient history. Rajgonj Market of the past is today's district town Gopalganj. There was nothing here that meant the city before about a century ago. It was known as just a small market. This area was under the zamindari of Rani Rashmani, landlord of Maqimpur. Note that Rani Rashmoni was a prison girl. During Sipai Mutiny he saved the lives of a high-profile Englishman. Later, as a reward, the British government paid Rasnirake Zamindar Estate of Makimpur and awarded him the title of the Queen. Rani Rashmani had a grandson named Nab-Gopal, after which he kept the name of his grandson's grandson and kept the old name 'Gopal' with the name 'Ganj' and later named it 'Gopalganj'. Gopalganj district was formed in 1984 from the subdivision of Faridpur district.
5. Jamalpur District: Jamuna, Jamalpur, 20th District of Bangladesh, Jamuna-Brahmaputra widow in the foothills of the glorious beauty of the holy city of Hazrat Shah Jamal (R). Jamalpur was named after the name of Hazrat Shah Jamal (R).
6. Kishoreganj district: Kishoreganj district was born in 1860 AD. Mr Bakseel was the first administrator of the subdivision. The present Kishoreganj was included in the then Zoyar Hossainpur Pargana. At the end of the eighteenth century, Kishoreganj area was known as 'Katakhali'. According to historians' conclusions and popularity, Kishoregon was named after the 'Kishore' of Nandakishor pramanik and his established hat or Ganj 'ganj' in favor of the zamindar of this district.
7. Madaripur district: Madaripur district was a historically rich population. In the fifteenth century, this district was named after the name of Sadak Hazrat Badruddin Shah Mother (R). In ancient times Madaripur was named after Idilpur. In 1984, Madaripur was recognized as the district.
8. Manikganj district: The word 'Manikya' comes from the original Sanskrit word 'Manikya'. Manik is Chuni Padmarag. The word gunga is French. Manikganj's name system of history is still mysterious. In the first half of the eighteenth century, Sufi saint Manik Shah Singhaiir came to Maniknagar under the upazila and started the religion of Islam by establishing Khanka. According to him, the name of Manikganj named after the name of the great sardar Sardar Manik Dhali. According to another, Manikganj subdivision was named in its name in May 1845, as an expression of gratitude to Nawab Siraj ud-Daulah Bisbad Ghatak Manik Chand. Note that the name of Manikganj subdivision is related to three different local traditions and estimates. There is no historical basis for this, but according to the name of Manik Shah, the name of the manikganj subdivision is related to the name and related facts and facts are found to be correct.
9. Munshiganj district: The ancient name of Munshiganj was Idrakpur. During the Mughal period, there was a person named Munshi Haider Hossain in this Idrakpur village. He was appointed by the Mughal ruler as a faujdar. Munshiganj is named after Idolakpur, a highly respected and philanthropist Munshi Haider Hossain. According to some, zamindar named after Enayet Ali Munshi was named after Munshiganj.
10. Mymensingh District: Mymensingh district has a different opinion among historians. In the sixteenth century, the independent sultan of Bengal, Syed Alauddin Husain Shah, founded his son Syed Nasir Uddin Nasrat Shah for a new city in the region, from which the creation of Nasrat Shahi or Nasirabad is named. Nasirabad as the source of the Solim era, the name of Nasirabad is not being mentioned anywhere except the name of education institution today. On the map of Rennell's map published in 1779, the name of the mominging refers to the 'Mymensingh' region. Before that, in the law-i-akbari, 'mahman shahi' and 'mamningsingh' soccer are written as Bajuhar Pargana. Which is the current Mymensingh caught.
11. Narayanganj District: In 1766, Hindu community leader Bikan Lal Pandey (Benu Thakur or Laksinayana Thakur) took ownership of the region from the East India Company. He announced the market as the Debttar Property on the banks of the Shitalakhya river through a will to carry the expenses of Lord Narayana. So later this place was named Narayanganj.
12. Netrokona district: Netrokona has been named after the name of the village named Nattakona.
13. Narsingdi district: It is said that in ancient times this region was ruled by a king named Narsingh. In the beginning of the fifteenth century, King Narsingh established a small town named Narsinghpur on the west bank of the ancient Bismutu river, and after him, Narsingdi name appeared. Narsinghari with the name 'N' is associated with Narsingh The word Narsinghadi is changed to "Narsingdi".
14. Rajbari District: Rajbari is named after Raja Surya Kumar. After the Battle of Plassey, the S is in the laconic after the British was defiled for some reason during the reign of Raja Surya Kumar's grandfather Master Nawab Siraj-ud-Daulah. Later, his son Dwengendra Prasad developed zamindari in this region. His son, King Surya Kumar, got the title of King for public work in 1885. The district was declared as 1 March 1984.
15. Shariatpur District: Shariatpur is named after the name of Haji Shariat Ullah, one of the leaders of the British anti-Faraizi movement. In 1984, Shariatpur district was inaugurated on 1st March in 1984 by the then Information Minister Mr. Nazim Uddin Hashim.
16. Sherpur District: Sher Ali Gazi, the last landlord of the Ghazi tribe during the Nawabi period of Bengal, occupied ten Kahania regions independently and ruled. The name of this story is named as Sher Ali Gazi, Sher Khan.
17. Tangail: Tangail's name has many verses and opinions. Published in 1778, Rennell showed this whole area as Atia on his map. Before 1866, there is no identifying place of Tangail. The name Tangail came from the time of the transfer of the subdivision headquarters at Atia from Tangail to 15 November 1870.
According to Khandaker Abdur Rahim, the historian of Tangail, in the British period, people of this country were used to using the word 'tan' rather than the higher words. There is a trend in the word 'tan' in the Tangail region. With this ton, the Isle word was added to the tin Isle. The tile is converted into Tangail. Tangail's name and many other people have expressed different views at different times. According to some, during the British period, the Mughal administration sheltered atia Atyara, when the region became rootless. At that time the carriage of horses was the only vehicle of transport, which the locals of the present Tangail used to say 'Tanga' Throughout the middle of the present century, the traffic movement of this region is going on everywhere in the region. The word al word comes in this context. The name of this word can be seen with the names of different places in the present Tangail region. The word al means is the limit indicator whose native pronunciation Isle A boundary that is bound to a place is called Isle. Tangail's residence has been added as 'Tanga + Isle', which has been added by many as 'Tangail'. Aile is related to farmland. This word is used in a regionalized way. According to the nature of Tangail, its land is generally elevated and sloping. Locally tones whose synonyms are tension Therefore, because of this land, this region may have been called 'Tana Isle'. Which changed to Tangail.


Chittagong Division
1. Bandarban District: There is a legend about the naming of Bandarban district, in the face of the inhabitants of the area, many monkeys live in this area. And the monkeys came to eat salt every day on the banks of the city. Once the rain is increased due to excessive rainfall, the monkeys can cross the rhyme from the rhythm to the hills and catch each other and cross the line. The people of this township get rid of this monkey crossing. From this time onwards the place was known as "Maakokhi Rhyme". The word mama in Marma means the meaning of the monkey and chhhh The name of this area was known as Bandarban in the usual spoken language of Bangla language. But the real name of Bandarban in Marma is "Radu Kachchi Chimaro".
2. Brahmanbaria District: In 1984, Brahmanbaria was introduced as district. Before that it was a subdivision of Comilla district. Please do not know the exact history of the name of Brahmanbaria district, please let us know if you know.
3. Chandpur District: During the British rule in 1779, British surveyor Major James Rennell painted the map of Bengal during that time, there was a notable habitation named Chandpur. At Chandpur, there was the office-court of Chandpur at the place of Narsinghpur (now in the river bed). The confluence of the Padma and Meghna was about 60 miles southwest from the elegant space. In the playground of the Meghna river, this area is now extinct. During the rule of bar bhuiyad Chandradar was under the control of zamindar Chandraya of Bikrampur. According to historian JM Sengupta, the name of this region Chandpur is named after Chandra. It is said that Chandpur (Kotalia) is named after Chand Fakir of Puriandpur Mahalla. This region is named after Chandpur. According to some, Shah Ahmed Chand, a patron from Delhi, came here in the fifteenth century to establish a river port. Chandpur under his name. In 1878 the first Chandpur sub-division was formed. On 1 October 1896 Chandpur city was declared a municipality. On 15th February 1984, as Chandpur district emerged.
4. Chittagong district: About 48 names of Chittagong are found. Among them, Ramayabhumi, Chattigaon, Chatta, Roosong, Chittaganj, Jatigram etc. There is difference of opinion among the experts on the origin of Chittagong, according to Pandit Bernoulli, Arabic Shat (volume) meaning delta, Gong meaning origin of Chittagong from Ganges River. According to another, in the thirteenth century, in this region, Barj Awlia came to preach Islam. They set up a large lamp or lamps and raised them in high places. In the regional language of Chittagong, 'chati' means lamp or chorag and gaon money village. The name is from "Chattigaon". According to Sir William Jones, founder of Asiatic Society, the name of Chittagong is derived from the name of a small bird in the area. Chittagong was part of the Mughal Empire in 1666. After defeating Arakan, the name of the Mughal named Islamabad. In 1760, Mir Qasim Ali Khan handed Islamabad to the British East India Company. Later, the company named Chittagong.
5. Comilla district: In the ancient times, it belonged to the Samatata town and later it was part of Tripura state. There are many popular folklore in the name of Comilla, among which the notable Chinese traveler Wang Chouang has given the history of Samatata State. In his narration, Kia-mal-Sinkiya
(Kiamolonkia), the name of Kamalanka or Comilla is named after it. In 1984, Comilla became the district.
6. Cox's Bazar District: Arab businessmen and missionaries came to Chittagong and Akib port in the 8th century. Being among the two ports, Cox's Bazar area came in close contact with the Arabs. In the ninth century, Cox's Bazar was ruled by King Kantideva of Harikela in greater Chittagong. After the capture of Arakan king Sulat Ingh Chittagong in 930, Cox's Bazar was part of the kingdom of Arakan. In 1784, Ramadra Gadhapaya occupied Arakan. In order to survive in 1799, about 13 thousand Arakan flee from Cox's Bazar. In order to rehabilitate Eder, the East India Company appointed a Hiram Cox. Hiram Cox died before the rehabilitation process was over. For his contributions to the rehabilitation process, a market called Cox-Bazar was established. Cox's Bazar originates from this cox-market.
7. Feni district: Feni is named after the name of the river Feni. In the medieval period we find the word Phani in the Poetry and Literature Poetry and literature as a special river and the Feni Paragon Ghat. In the 16th century, poet Kavindra Parameshwar wrote in the description of Paragalpur, "Chardi surrounded by the river Fani, before the Mahagiri crossed." In the seventeenth century, the word 'Fani' in Mirza Nathan's Persian language 'Bahritan-i-Gayayeri' became Feni. In the sixth part of the century, Poet Ali Reza Prakash Kanu Fakir, while describing the location of Hira Ganga, the residence of his pir, wrote, "A Gurnam Upam in the south of Feni, Hajigao was the name of that country". Mohammad Mukim said in the description of his ancestral settlement, "Jugidia country on the west side of Feni ............... .. Of course, they used the word Feni in the sense of river. The original word 'fani' has become fanny in Muslim poet-writers' language.
8. Khagrachari district: A river named Khagrachari. Being reclaimed by river banks, Khagrachari got its name.
9. Laxmipur district: Laxmipur district did not find the exact history of naming, please know if you know.
10. Noakhali District: Noakhali District was the name of Bhulua. Sudharam was the original name of Noakhali Sadar Police Station. It flows towards Meghna and Feni rivers. The name of this huge canal was called 'Noah (Nutun) canal' in Noakhali, which changed the name of 'Bhulaua' and was known as Noakhali in 1668.
11. Rangamati District: About the name of Rangamati district, Bilu Kabir's book, 'Bangladesh District: History of Naming History', tells us that the mountain was formed in the Taurishri era. The major exceptions of this era's soil are its color, reddish or rusty. Rangamati is the name of this town as it is the red clay in the area and the soil is ranga. Another popular reference to this nomenclature is the Nature Index: There was a rhyme on the east side of present day Rangamati district, which is now submerged in the lake. When the transparent water of the lake falls on the red or the Rangamati slopes, it turns red. So this rhyme was named 'Rangamati'. There was one more to the west of this district headquarters. For the same reason he was named 'Rangapani'. These two Ranga Chhara have been established in the estuary of the present district. Which was originally the number of Nihil Tilar and a pompous wonders of many valleys. These two rhymes are thought to have been named Rangamati district from Rangamati and Rangapani. Rangamati Hill District was formed in 1983.



Barisal Division

Barisal Division was established in 1993. Barisal division was formed with six districts of Barisal, Barguna, Jhalakathi, Patuakhali, Pirojpur and Bhola. Finally, in 2000, Barisal City Corporation was established.
1. Although no specific information was found in Barguna district: Barguna, it is known that the timber traders take wood in the region.
In order to cross the river Khakdoni, there was a large number of people who were waiting for favorable flow or large quantity. The name of this place was large. According to this, the name of this place was called Barguna because of which the boat had to cross the ridge and then cross it. Some people say that Barguna is named after the influential Rakhain people of Barguna. According to another, Barguna is named after the name of a bawali named Barguna.
2. Barisal district: There are different disagreements about the name of Barisal. From a legend it is known that earlier large ornamental trees were grown, and due to this big shal tree (big + shawl) Barisal origin. Some have claimed that Barisal has been named for the love story of Portuguese Berry and Shelley. From another legend it is known that there was a large salt salon and stool in the Girid port (Great port) of Dhaka Nawab. The English and Portuguese merchants used to call the big salt punch called 'Borisalt'. Ie bari (big) + salts = barylust. The idea that many of the salt grains here were big was called 'Barisal'. Later, the name Barisal became known as Barisal.
3. Bhola district: There is a folklore behind the naming of Bhola district that the Betua, which was passing through the city of Bhola, was no longer inadequate. It was once known as the Batua river. Crossing the river with the help of a ferry boat. People used to cross the old man's boat here with the help of boats. His name was Bhola Gazi Panti. At present, he had a place near Yogirghola. Once Bhola Gazi was named, the place was named after Bhola. From today it is known as Abdi Bhola.
4. Jhalokati district: The history of the fisherman community in the district is associated with the name of the district. After the medieval period, fishermen settled in the area on the banks of the evening, Sugandha, Dhansiri and Besukhali. Its ancient name was 'Maharajganj'. Sir Kailash Chandra Zamindari, the husband of Maharajganj, performed the meeting, and later he built a ganja or market in this place. The fishermen were sold by the fishermen. It is believed that the name of Jhalakati is gradually named after it. It is known that fishermen from different places used to come here for fishing, and lived on the banks of the Sugandha river just like the nomads. The professional identity of fishermen in this region was called 'jhola'. Then the fishermen cleaned the forest and settled here and settled here. In this way, the word Jhalakati is derived from the introduction of cutting words because of making jhola and jungle cut habitats. Later, Jhalakati converted into Jhalakathi. On 1 February of 1984, Jhalokati became the full district.
5. Patuakhali district: From historical events, it was known that Patuakhali was included in the Chandradvip kingdom. It is known that about three hundred years ago, the name of Patuakhali was involved in the history of torture. The river flowing on the north side of Patuakhali was formerly known as Varni Khal. From the beginning of the sixteenth century, Portuguese pirates carried out looting of arbitrary tortures in the adjacent areas along the path of the canal. The locals used to call it 'natoya' and since then the canal was called natoyar canal. It is said that this area was later renamed Patuakhali from the "Natore Canal" canal.
6. Pirojpur district: "Firozepur of Bhati Bhati from Firoz Shah's reign, Pirojpur has changed to the beat of the Bania clique". From the above mentioned word, there is a formula named Pirojpur. Helal Uddin Mughal, a Shakhari in Nazirpur upazila, is said to have claimed himself as a descendant of the Seed of the Mughal dynasty. Subedar Shah of Bengal .. Suja returned to Aurangzeb's army commander Mir Jumla and came to the southern part of Bengal to come under hiding. At one stage, Nalchiti built a fort on the bank of the Sugandha river and stayed for some time. Mir Jumla's army also attacked here, Shah Shuja fled to Arakan State with his two daughters. There he was killed in the plot of another king. During his escape, he left his wife and a child. They later shifted to the west and changed the location and made the Astana in front of the present Dam of Pirojpur. The name of this child was Firoz and according to his name is Ferozpur. Pirojpur is named after Pirojpur. Pirojpur was transformed into Pirojpur subdivision on October 28, 1959 and later in 1984.


Khulna Division

1. Bagerhat district
"The tigers live in the Sundarbans
Dartana Bhairab side
Green is full of greenery
Hats that used to sit on the banks of the river
His name is Bagher Hat. "
Once the name of Bagerhat was the city of Khalifatabad or representative. Khan Jahan Ali (R) governed the region as a representative of Gaur's sultans. Some people think that Bagerhat has been named after the name of the Awgha Baker of Barisal. Some people said that Bagerhat has been named after the name of Bakir Khan of Pathan Jagarid. According to somebody, the name of Bagerhat is called the tiger word. It is reported that Khanjahan Ali (R) had a bug (garden, Persian word) or garde. The bug sounded Bagerhat. According to someone, the bank is sitting on the banks of the bank, because of the bankerhat. Bagerhat to Bagerhat
2. Chuadanga District: It is said about the name of Chuadanga that this place named Chuadanga was named after the maulik dynasty's Adipusha Chungo Mallik. In 1740, Chungo Mallik, with his wife, three sons and a daughter, made the first settlement here in the river Mathwanga from Etarebari-Maharajpur village of Nadia and Murshidabad district of India. The name of this place named Chungodanga is mentioned in a record of 1797. The translation of the current Chuadanga came from the translation of Persian to English, due to the distortion of the pronunciation. There are two possible reasons for naming Chuadanga. Chuya Chaya Chuadanga has been found.
3. Jessore district: Jessore was established as a separate district in Jessore in 1781 and this is the first district of Bangladesh. Jessore is the first independent district of Bangladesh's liberation war. Jessore is an ancient township of Samatata. The name is too old. Various opinions about the origin of Jessore name are available. Jessore (Jasinare) is the Arabic word meaning sako. It is estimated that the name of Kasba was given by Pir Khan Jahan Ali (1398 AD). At one time, the river was full of nets throughout Jessore. Previously the Sako was built on river or canal. It is known that Khanjahan Ali had come to Mungeli after crossing the Bhairab river by constructing Sako Sako. The origin of Jessore from this bamboo Sako. However, the number of supporters is very low. Jessore is the name of a place on Iran and Arab border with which no relationship can be established for this Jessore. This Jessore name was before Khan Jahan Ali. Many people said that after the fall of Pratapditya, the kings of Chagrupar were called kings of Jessore. Because they had won a portion of the property of Pratapaditya of Jessore. This seems to be right. Jay, Westland, mentioned on his 19o page report, that Raja Pratapaditya Roy had included District Sadar Kasba Mauja before. The road of Bangaon-Jessore pitch is made of 1866-1868 Kalpurbi. In Jessore-Khulna chapter 76, it is written that "Jessore is not written in any book written before Pratapaditya". Changes in name change are normal.
4. Jhenaidah District: In ancient times, the settlement of mangled cloth workers at Nabaganga river on the north-west of present-day Jhenaidah is known to have been developed. From Kolkata, traders came to buy oysters here for seafood pearls. At that time, the place for receiving the mussel was called jhonukdaha. According to many, the mussels are called zhene or jhaini in regional languages. The meaning of the charity is a large water reservoir, the word dah farsi, whose grandson grows. In that sense the oyster pond or oyster village From jhunuk and shahi, jihuqdah or zhenaidah which has become transformed today, this Jhenaidah
5. Khulna District: History of Pir Khanjahan Ali (R.) memorial and Bhairab-Rupsa, the municipal city of Khulna, are traditionally traditionally believed. The origin of Khulna nomenclature is different. The most discussed topics are: Mouza 'Kismat Khulna' Khulna Khulna; Khulneshwari Kali Mandir, built in the name of Khulna, second wife of Dhanpati Saudagar, from Khulna; In 1766, Khulna from the word Culnea, written in the record recovered by the sailors of Falmouth ship. The word Jessore-Culna written in the English period map, Khulna, - the researchers will determine which is true.
6. Kushtia district: There are many stories about the naming of Kushtia district, Kushtia originally used to cultivate coaster (jute) as the origin of Kushtia from the coast. It is mentioned in the Gazetteer of Helmilon that the local people call it Kushti. Kushya has been named from Kushia. In 1984, Kushtia district was formed with 6 thanas.
7. Magura district: Today the Magura district has been developed where it was very important since ancient times. It is difficult to match the exact number of Magura when it is named. Magura is a village of ancient period. Magura was divided into two parts. Magura before the Subdivision Sadar and Dari Magura in the west. The meaning of the word dari is mat or sutarni. Dari Magura, who was made of Madur made community, was named after Dury Magura. A mug named Dharmadas comes from Arakan and the Khurulbari mouja has been occupied by banks on the banks of the Gorai river on the eastern corner of the Agua city. People called him Magh Jigir. According to many, the origin of Magura from Maghra People were heard that once the big bills in the Magura area were found in the bill that there was plenty of fish fish. The name of this fish may also originate from the name of Magura. There is a difference of opinion among historians on the origin of Magura. On 1 March 1984, Magura subdivision was upgraded to the district.
8. Meherpur district: Two estimation based information has been found so far about the name of Meherpur. The first is kept in Meherpur with the name of the name of a person named Islam, who is the name of the Prophet Mohammed Ali Mehera Ali. Secondly, Mihir and his son-in-law Khanna were known to live in this town. Mihir is named after Mihirpur and later it is Meherpur. On 24th February 1984, the district of Meherpur got the status.
9. Narail District: Historians give different opinions about naming Narail. There are legends, Nariyal fame names of Nariyal from the blessing of the fakir. Nariyal Fakir is blessed, so the name is Nariyal. Later Narail from Nariyal was distorted by people.
10. Satkhira district: Satkhira district was originally named Satghariya. During the permanent settlement, Vishnuram Chakraborty established the village of Pargana as an employee of King Krishnachandra in the auction in 1772. His son Prannath Chakrabarty got the Brahmana of Satpur and established it in this pargana, it is named Satghariya.

Rajshahi Division

1. Bogra district: 1281-1903, the second son of Delhi Sultan Ghiyasuddin Balban, Sultan Nasiruddin Bagra Khan was appointed governor of Bengal. Bogra district has been named after him.
2. Joypurhat District: Find out the exact history of the name of the district, if you know, please let me know.
3. Naogaon district: Naogaon has originated from the word 'neither' (nautun) and 'gaan (village) word two francis. Naogaon means the word 'Nutun Village'. On 1 March 1984, Naogaon emerged as a district with 11 upazilas.
4. Natore District: The name of river Natore is said to have originated from Natore district by the name of Natore. According to language researchers, Natore is the main word. Natore is due to the pronunciation. The movement of Natore was down as it was almost impossible to move. Natora was used to describe the plight of the population. Natora is meaningless. Another tradition is that the Baijibari, Nattipara National Culture was developed for the patronage of zamindars. The word Natore is thought to be derived from this nitya para. In 1984, he got the full district of Natore.
5. Nawabganj district: The name of 'Chapainawabganj' is in recent time. This area was known as Nawabganj. Campaiganja know about the name of the pre-British period was in the region of Murshidabad and the royal promenade daudapura village in Sadar upazila. Nawabs used to come here to hunt with their friends and councils, and this place is named after Nawabganj. History of the village at the time of the district Moheshpur campabati some say 'camparani or campabai called lived a beautiful baiji. The fame of his dance spread widely and he became the favorite of the Nawab. The name of this place named 'Champai' is named after him. In the region there was the residence of King Lakkhindar. The capital of Lakhinda's capital was Champak. Chump, from the name of Champak. Linguist Dr. Muhammad Shahidullah (1885-1969), described in the first volume of the 'Bangla Literature' book, the enemies of Lausanne entered Gaur with Jamutinagar. Jambharia of present-day Bholahat upazila was known as Jamutinagar.
6. Pabna district: There is no legend in the name of 'Pabna'. According to one legend, the name of Pabna was derived from the Ganghara Purbagamini section called 'Pabnani'. Another source suggests that the pudding named 'Pabna' or 'Pabna' was once known as Pabna. On the other hand, some historians believe that Pabna comes from 'Padmba'. By the time the Padmabai was able to maintain the harmony or other etymology of the word. The first meeting of the 'Padamba' people came together in the eleventh century AD after the rule of Pala ruler Rampal.
7. Rajshahi District: There are many differences in the name of this district. According to historian Akshay Kumar Maitreya, the name given by Rajshahi queen Bhabani Mr. Grant writes, however, that the queen was called Vabani jemindari Rajshahi and Rangpur name is mentioned during the chakla settlement. Vast areas north of the river across the country until Nadia Pabna, Jessore, Burdhaman, Birbhum district of the country in this area is called. It is assumed that Rajshahi city was composed of two villages named 'Rampur' and 'Boalia'. Although initially called 'Rampur-Boalia', Rajshahi's name was immediately known to the general public. We are now acquainted with the city of Rajshahi, since its inception in 1825. There are many opinions about how Rajshahi was named after the name of the city of Rampur-Boalia. When analyzing the word Rajshahi, the addition of the same meaningful words in two different languages ​​is the result. Sanskrit 'Raj' and the Persian Shah of the adjective 'Shahi' vigilance 'country' origins of the word, which means the king or the king or the king or the king or royal. But in Bangla we often utter many words of the same meaning twice. For example, vegetables, cunning-clever, mis-error, misconstrued, farming, cultivation of land, zodiac, debt-relief, education, initiation, humility, sculpture, respect, honor- Charities, mountains, mountains, peasants, dangers, etc. Likewise, the emergence of this strange Rajshahi word can not be blown away. There are many fiction about this nomenclature. It is generally said that in this district many Raja-zamindars live, hence the name of this district is Rajshahi. Someone says during the reign of Raja Ganesha (1414-1418) the name of Rajshahi. In 1984, four subdivisions of Rajshahi were upgraded to four separate districts - Rajshahi, Naogaon, Natore and Nawabganj.
8. Sirajganj district: Sirajuddin Chowdhury was a landlord (landlord) named Belkuchi police station. He established a 'ganj' in his own palace. It is named after him Sirajganj. But it did not get that much popularity. As a result of the demolition of the Jamuna, it gradually dissipates in the river and gradually moves northwards. At that time, Sirajuddin Chowdhury purchased the ghazari mouja auction in 1809 as a Khayrati Mahal, written in zamindari sherstha. He thinks this place as a special place to be the main place of business trade. At that time, the name Sirajganj, named after him, was re-divided into river erosion. He named the ghazari mujaake new name as 'Sirajganj'. As a result, the ghost mausoleum got permanent shape as 'Sirajganj'.

Rangpur Division

National Implementation Committee for Administrative Reform: NICAR, approved by the government on January 25, 2010, approved Rangpur as the seventh division of the country. Earlier, on 13 July 2009, a decision was taken to divide Rangpur into the cabinet meeting. A committee was formed in this and the committee submitted the report on July 21.
1. Dinajpur District: It is reportedly the founder of Dinajaz Dinajpur Dinajpur Rajshibir. The name of Dinajpur in Rajbari is named after him. Later, the British rulers rebelled the Ghorghat government and formed a new district and Dinajpur named the district in honor of the king.
2. Gaibandha District: Legends are known about the name of Gaibandha, about five thousand years ago, the capital of the Maritime country was the capital of Birat, in Gobindagaj thana of Gaibandha. There was no comparison of the wealth of the great king. The number of his cows was sixty thousand. Occasionally the robbers came and plundered the big king's cow. For that, the great king set up goats in a vast deserted desert. The goat is safe and the cows provide food and water resources. The river is placed on the adjoining sloping ground. The cows were tied in that particular place. According to conventional legends, the place is named after Gaibandha and it has been known as Gaibandha in the spoken language of the region.
3. Kurigram district: Kurigram Janpad is quite ancient. The exact history of the name of Kurigram is not known. Many people think that the number of people from twenty to Kurigram has been done. According to some, the twenty kalu family was the original resident of the family. So its name is Kurigram. Someone thinks that the place of vacation of the king of Rangpur was Kurigram. This area was full of lots of forests and fruits, so the name of Kurigram has been named from the twentieth of the flowers.
In 1809 Dr. Bucalan Hamilton stated in his statement - Kuriganj of which is the place of the place called the Balabari in a place of considerable trade (martins East India). Mr. Vas also mentioned this region as Kuriganj in his Rangpur statement. But nobody said anything about the origin of Kuriganj. On 23 January 1984, "Kurigram" was upgraded to the subdivision of the district.
4. Lalmonirhat district
There is a legend on the name of Lalmonirhat that during the British rule, during the establishment of the railway line in the city of Lalmonirhat, the railway workers of the region mentioned that a person got 'Lalmoni' after cutting forests and jungle. The name of Lalmonirhat originated from the time of Lalmuni. From another source, it is known that a rich woman named Lalmoni, a close relative of revolutionary peasant leader Nuruldin, was a wealthy woman. Lalmonirhat has been named after him.
5. Nilphamari District: Nearly 200 years ago, the English blue curators established the indigenous farming farm in the region. Because the fertile land of this region is favorable for the cultivation of blue cultivation, Nilkumathi and blue farms have been established in more number of Nilphamari compared to other parts of the country. At the beginning of the nineteenth century, Nilkuthi was established in places like Durgakoti, Dimla, Kishoreganj, Tandamari etc. During the greater Rangpur region, due to the fertility of the large quantity of crop produced in Nilphamari in the region. That is why there has been a huge influx of indigo planters in these areas. Numerous blue farms grew up. Three Kilometers north of the present Nilphamari city, near the old railway station, there was a large Neelkuthi. Moreover, the old house currently used as Officers Club was a sapphire. It is believed that in the face of local farmers 'blue farms' were transformed into 'blue dhamari'. And this Nilkhammari's descendants emerge as the name of Nilphamari.
6. Panchagarh District: "Punch" (five) of the average compound "Panchagarh" name "Panchagarh" was a long time in this habitation. But there is no doubt about the name of this region that was 'Panchagarh' at the beginning. In fact, the word "Panch" in the Indian subcontinent has been associated with different place names. For example, Panchnad, Panchabati, Panchanagari, Panchagarh etc. "Panchganagari" distance is not far from Panchagarh region. Panchagarh district has several meanings, among them the average point of reference is in Bhithargarh, Mirgarh, Rajnagar, Hossaingarh, Dehangarh. 'Panch' means five, and 'average' means forest or jungle. The name 'Panchagarh' came in the same way.
7. Rangpur District: Rangpur name is popular in the name of the name that from the previous 'Rangpur' the name came in time. Through history, it is known that the English started cultivating blue in the subcontinent. Due to the fertile soil in this region, there were plenty of blue cultivation here. The local people knew that blue was known as Ranga. Rangpur from Rang Rangpur and hence the Rangpur of today From another convention, it is known that the Rangpur district is named after Rangpur. The name of this Rangpur comes from the name of Prag Jyotishor Nar's son Bhagadatta Rangamahal. Rangpur is the second name of the district, Jangpur. Because of the malaria disease, some people call this district as jampur. However, Rangpur district was the main base of resistance movement from the past. Therefore, it is considered as the original name of Rangpur named Rangpur. Jang means war, city money or city. The people coming from the village often died in English torture or died in malaria. So people are afraid to come to the city. Rangpur district, which was in the east of the Sudur, was in doubt that the battleground was in the skepticism. Rangpur was termed as Red Rangpur due to the way the peasant movement developed in the district in the late 30s.

8. Thakurgaon district: Thakurgaon's original name was Nischinktpur. What has been found in the history of Thakurgaon's name, is that it now lives two brothers named Narayan Chakraborty and Satish Chakraborty, a mausoleum of Akcha Union, 8 kilometers north of the district headquarters, where the office-court of the district is located. Because of wealth and influence, they were very familiar in the area. The people there called the Chakrabarti house as Thakurbari. Later, locals started this place from Thakurbari to Thakurgaon. On 1 February of 1984, 5 thanas have been established as Thakurgaon district.

Sylhet Division

On 1 st August 1995, Sylhet became the sixth division of the country ...
1. Habiganj Dist Sufis Hazrat Shahjalal (R) of the followers of Hazrat Syed Nasir Uddin (R) of the purnasmrti bijari Khowai, karangi, bijana, Ratna, and drained by the river in a historic old town of Habiganj. Syed Habib Ullah, son of Syed Hedayet Ullah, subordinate of the founder of Syed Sultan, founder of the historian Sultansi Habaley established a gan on the banks of Khoyi river. Habiganj was named after him. On 1 March 1984, it was upgraded to Habiganj district.
2. Maulvi Syed Kudratullah, the market established by the navy and landmarks every day has increased the population. Maulvibazar's fame spread through the mouth of the buyers and sellers. Thanks to Maulvi Sahib, this region is named after Moulvibazar. On 22nd February 1984, Maulvibazar subdivision was developed in the district.
3. Sunamganj district: It is known that Sunamganj was named after 'a tsunami' named after a Mughal soldier. Sunamganj market was established in his name on his land. In this way Sunamganj and the place were originally thought to have originated.
4. Sylhet District: This region has different names in ancient literature. According to Hinduism, the hands of hands (hands) of Sati's wife Sati Devi fell into this region, so the Hindu community believed that the name 'Sri Hatha' was from Sri Haut. In the history of the fourth century BC, the name of this region is referred to as "serioat". In addition, in the second century AD alien (Ailien) record "sirate", and the name of the Periplus of the erithriyana Sea region, called the book "sirate" and "sisate" This has been written in two ways. Then in 640, when Chinese traveler Hiuen Tsang traveled to this region. His travel stories in the region, "silicatala" noted the Turkish commander of the authority, Din Muhammad Bakhtiyar by the conquest of the country, the society began when a Muslim rulers on their records, "Sylhet" name instead of "silaheta", "silaheta" etc., entered the history of the evidence Matching Historians believe that once the Sylhet name has become famous, since it is to be transformed from Srihatta. It is also said that, at one time in Sylhet district a rich man had a daughter. His name was Shila. The person constructed a hat for the protection of his daughter and named it Rocker Hat. The name of this rock hut is distorted in different ways as the name Sylhet.

Bandarban




0 comments:

Post a Comment